website is no longer available.
The Department of Energy National Collaboratories Research Program coupled a coordinated set of infrastructure and middleware projects with a set of real world pilot projects. The goals of the program were to:
- Demonstrate the impact of collaboratories on DOE science and engineering.
- Develop new collaboration technologies and infrastructure.
- Integrate new and existing collaboration technologies into powerful environments.
- Conduct pilot projects in partnership with DOE science programs and industry.
- Broker community-wide agreement on standards and architecture.
For further information on the Department of Energy, please visit their website at http://energy.gov